Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

LEGEND BOB DYLAN

Though never expressed on the blog before,I am a Bob Dylan fan.Ill start doing posts about his songs a year later and I will surely express the reason of the delay then.On 24th May,1941,he was born as Robert Allen Zimmerman in Duluth,Minnesota.Strong man,I must say.His work and leftist activism still leaves me at awe.I love his work,I admire his work all over.I am posting ten of his best song lines and ten quotations.


Happy Birthday Bob Dylan


Happy Birthday Bob Dylan


TOP 10 BOB DYLAN QUOTATIONS

  • God, Im glad Im not me.
  • Chaos is a friend of mine.
  • I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.
  • We may not be able to defeat these swine, but we dont have to join them.
  • I didn’t really have any ambition at all. I was born very far from where I’m supposed to be, and so, I’m on my way home, you know?
  • You cant be wise and in love at the same time.
  • Its peculiar and unnerving in a way to see so many young people walking around with cellphones and iPods in their ears and so wrapped up in media and video games. It robs them of their self-identity. 
  • I dont call myself a poet, because I dont like the word.
  • A poem is a naked person . . . some people say that I am a poet.
  • People today are still living off the table scraps of the sixties. They are still being passed around — the music and the ideas.


TOP 10 LINES FROM BOB DYLAN SONGS

Girl from the North Country

"So if youre travelin in the north country fair,

Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline,

Remember me to one who lives there
She once was a true love of mine."


                                                           THE MASTERS OF WAR

"All the money you made will never buy back your soul."


"You aint worth the blood that runs in your veins."

"There is one thing I know though Im younger than you
  Even Jesus would not forgive what you do"

"And I hope that you die
And your deathll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And Ill watch while youre lowered
Down to your deathbed
And Ill stand oer your grave
Til Im sure that youre dead"

A Hard Rains a-Gonna Fall


"I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it."
"I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken."
"I heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world."


The Times They Are A-Changin 

"Come gather ’round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown."

Planet Waves

"May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung. May your song always be sung, May you stay forever young."
Happy Birthday,Dylan,a hope in these dying days,a ray of light in this selfish world.May you always stay within.

Data Credits : Wikipedia






for details click below

No comments:

Post a Comment